Take your track selection one stage further by developing your ideas on the audience for this kind of music. Answer the following questions:
1. How would you describe the target audience for this kind of music? Is there a core and secondary audience?
2. How would you describe the tastes and attitudes of the target audience? What other media do are they likely to consume? Outline their media consumption profile
3. What function/pleasures does this kind of music serve to its audience (uses and gratifications)?
4. Music fans often use music to help them construct their own cultural and visual identity – do/ how do fans of your artist or band do this?
5. How/ when/ where is this kind of music consumed?